Friday 27 July 2012

Day 13 - Riding the Cabot Trail

July 26

This day offered a reversal of fortune as far as the weather was concerned.  I awoke to blue skies and warm air!

Steve and I packed the bikes.  This was goodbye to the hostel and our new friends.  Today Steve and
I would ride the Cabot Trail!

Steve's agenda was slightly different than mine.  He would ride part of the trail with me, then we
would part ways and he would tour a monestary.  I would continue on and do the entire loop.

Well let me tell you, no words I write can do this trail justice!  It is a beautiful trail.  It concists of rolling hills, called the Scottish highlands, replete with thick green trees.  As I rode along the trail, I came across sheer drops off her rocky cliffs into the sea. Her waters belonged to the Gulf of St. Lawrence.  Along the shores were several rock formations.

After having stopped several times to take photos, I realized the time. It was 2:30!  Holy cow, it was late and I had to hussle my butt to North Sydney.  There Steve and I would board the ferry for Newfoundland.

I put my camera away and kicked my Shadow into gear.

Soon after departing, I came across a construction stop light on the highway.  While stopped, I heard a voice behind me. "James!"  It was Steve, he had caught up to me.  He too realized we were late. 

From this point on we would have to hurry.

And hurry we did!  We flew through the rest of the trail.  I hate to rush, as does Steve, but we had no choice.  It was not too bad though, as we had already seen the most scenic parts of the trail.

We eventually arrived at the North Sydney harbour.  Fortunately loading was still occuring so our spots were safe!

We boarded the ferry.  This thing was monstrous!  10 levels all told!  We parked our bikes, strapped them down, then made our way to our seats.  Time to settle in for the six hour ferry ride.

Steve had a long nap while I poured over the Newfoundland Labrador traveller's guide, taking note of places that caught my eye.

Another day, another adventure experienced.  A new day would soon arrive, and with it, the promise of a new adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home